If you are seeking to escape the city, the Pafos Region offers a variety of picturesque villages that offer a dash of local flavour and culture. Immerse yourself within an environment that is far from the hustle and bustle of a tourist resort. This is Agrotourism – the ideal solution for those who want the traditional aspect of the island.
These beautifully restored traditional lodgings feature modern kitchens and bathrooms, often fitted with rustic décor and soft furnishings that are authentically Cypriot. Most of the houses include gardens with lemon and orange trees, and swimming pools that provide the home-away-from-home experience.
Licensed by the Deputy Ministry of Tourism and maintained under the umbrella of the Cyprus Agrotoruism Company (an affiliate company of the Deputy Ministry of Tourism), all properties are available for rent throughout the year and are havens for botanists, birdwatchers, cyclists, and hikers – and anyone seeking the authentic Cyprus experience. For those wishing to eschew self-catering, most of the larger villages have small hotels offering excellent service and accommodation.
For more information please visit the Official Agrotourism Website of Cyprus
If enjoying a twilight meal on a sandy beach and stretching out beneath the stars to a symphony of nature’s sounds is your idea of heaven, a camping holiday in Cyprus might be what you are looking for. Nature comes alive when you experience this type of holiday first-hand as you commune with the outdoors, pitch a tent, and take in the beautiful countryside the island is renowned for.
Cyprus has several licensed campsites accommodating both tents and touring caravans. Most of the sites have showers, washing facilities, toilet blocks, snack bars/restaurants, and a mini market within easy reach.
Coral Bay Camping Site
Located 11 kilometers north of Pafos, the camp site at Coral Bay is close to Coral Bay Beach is open year-round and can accommodate up to 47 tents or caravans. Facilities include electricity, warm showers, and restaurant.
Geroskipou Zenon Gardens Camping
Located 3 kilometres from Pafos Harbour at the Geroskipou Municipal Beach, this magnificent coastal site can accommodate 95 tents or caravans. Open from April to October.
Polis Camping Site
Located 37 kilometres from the town of Pafos, Polis Camping Site is situated on the beach in a eucalyptus forest just 500 metres from Polis town centre. The beachside location can accommodate up to 200 tents, and includes full facilities with toilets, showers, and washroom facilities. There is a snack bar on the beach and a mini market that offers convenience to all campers from June to August. A nearby launderette can be reached from the site. The Polis Camping Site is open from March to October (sometimes longer if the weather permits).
A total of 10 picnic sites can be found in the Pafos Forest area, which are managed by the Forestry Department. They provide all the basic facilities for daily excursions such as barbecues, drinking water, tables, and washrooms. The sites are all wheelchair accessible.
- Timi (Timi – Pafos Airport road. 1km before the Airport in the coastal eucalyptus forest).
- Pykni (Pegeia – Kathikas road, 3km from Pegeia and 6km from Kathikas, in the Pegeia Forest).
- Smigies (Polis Chrysochous – Neo Chorio – Akamas road, 7km from Polis and 2km from Neo Chorio next to the dirt road leading to the Akamas Forest).
- Mavralis (Polis Chrysochous – Agia Marina road, 4km from Polis, next to the main road on the coast)
- Agios Merkourios (Polis Chrysochous – Stavros tis Psokas road through Lysos, 20km from Polis and 4km from Aftoullina on the forest road leading to Agios Merkourios. There is also access through Argaka and Gialia towards Agios Merkourios).
- Gefiri tou Livadiou (Pomos – Stavros tis Psokas forest road, 12km from Pomos).
- Stavros tis Psokas (At the Stavros tis Psokas forest station about 20 km from Lysos or Kannaviou and 26km from Kykko Monastery).
- Agia (Panagia – Stavros tis Psokas forest road, 21km from Panagia and 10km from Stavros tis Psokas).
- Monashilaka (Panagia – Kykkos road 2km from Panαgia and 40km from Kykkos Monastery).
- Pera Vasa (Agios Nikolaos – Djelefou bridge road, 9km from Agios Nikolaos village after Djelefou bridge and the Arminou Dam).